Speak your truth because your feelings and your story are valid. The reality is that some people will not care about what you have to say, and that’s ok. Those are not the people to receive your message, so don’t waste your time.
On the flip side, some people will love you, admire you, or be blessed by your testimony, and it’s for those people you need to speak your truth. Speaking up is not easy when most have experienced hurt by irresponsible people, which left them distrustful of everyone.
Despite these experiences, God designed us to be in healthy relationships. We need each other in some way to grow into the best version of ourselves. So, the next time you’re in a position to speak up or hide behind your wall, I pray that you decide to be truthful about what you’re feeling and choose to share your truth.
Here are 5 necessary reflections to help you speak your truth:
- Realize that it’s scarier to live a life alone because you won’t allow people to get close to you.
- Understand that you are important, but you must first believe that to understand the truth that your feelings are valid.
- Keeping things in is not healthy and can lead to high blood pressure, stress that can cause heart problems, and other illnesses.
- NO ONE is greater than God and there is NOTHING to fear in saying what you feel.
- If you want to feel understood and cease to live in a paralyzed state absent of growth, speaking your truth for yourself is mandatory. You can’t expect to live in a box and experience life to its fullest. Get out of your comfort zone!